At East Trans we see the environment policy as a crucial part to the business strategy and are in the process of achieving ISO14001 accreditation in 2014. We are aware of the impact our activities have upon the environment and are currently focusing on ways to minimise and control it. We encourage all of our suppliers, customers and contractors to share these values below.
REDUCING TOXIC WASTE
All of our lorries at East Trans are specified to having the very best in euro engines and in January 2014 we will see our first EURO 6 vehicles arrive in the fleet. We will keep this policy maintained throughout 2014 of purchasing new environmentally friendly fleet. This will minimise the emissions and carbon foot prints that lorries are seen to produce. All our vehicles are regularly serviced to be certain that they are operating with best efficiency all year round.
We have been working on ways in which to avoid lorries returning with empty trailers, causing empty running miles. To help this we have recently brought in a vehicle tracking system which allows us to keep track of the mileage of each of our vehicles. By doing this we can prevent drivers from returning with empty running miles, reducing our carbon footprint.
RECYCLING WASTE & SAVING ENERGY
East Trans has always been involved in the recycling scheme over the years. We have employees that are very committed to keeping the business efficient and are always actively promoting recycling both internally and externally working with customers/suppliers. As a business we are always looking for new ways to minimise the amount of waste we are producing.
EMPLOYEE TRAINING PROGRAMMES
We are making a training programme for the employees at East Trans to raise awareness of environmental issues within the business. The training programme will make sure that all employees are able to understand the necessary precautions within their work environments. All of which will be reviewed at management meetings. Another key point we are working on is having all our drivers trained by the end of 2014.
Statement of Intent
1.1 East Trans is committed to minimising the impact of its activities on the environment.
1.2 East Trans will, so far as is reasonably practicable aim to:
- Minimise waste by evaluating operations continually and ensure are efficient as possible.
- Minimise toxic waste emissions through operating a fleet of environmentally friendly vehicles with the very latest in EURO friendly engines fitted to the fleet.
- Source greener power requirements year on year for warehouse and office operations.
- Actively promote recycling both internally and externally working with customers and suppliers.
- Source and promote a product range to minimise the environmental impact of both operating and distribution in the business.
- Meet and exceed all the environmental legislation that relates to East Trans.
- East Trans will implement a training program for its staff to raise awareness of environment issues within the business.
- East Trans will monitor environment policy’s to maintain agreed standards.